Light Flecks (CT Chips) Gallery
Click the arrows to view more photos
Procedure for Light Sprinkle Vinyl Chips (Speckles)
- Rocks and grass are moved away from concrete allowing the coatings to flow over the sides.
- The surface is checked for any grease, oil, and tar which will be removed with a thinner (xyleen).
- All concrete is etched with muriatic acid which will remove dirt and grime and open the pours of the concrete for a proper bond.
- All concrete is treated with ammonia; this neutralizes any acid left behind.
- Cracks and chips on top of the surface will be fixed at no charge but concrete may shift so we cannot guarantee them.
- Control joints and along the walls will get a thin bead of caulking to cover any visible gaps or cracks. We do not fill them flush because of the shifting of the concrete. Again we cannot guarantee this caulking.
- A coat of epoxy is brushed and rolled on to seal the concrete and act as a great primer.
- Clean up and let dry overnight.
- Apply custom color and sprinkle chips into wet coating.
- Dry and blow lose chips off surface.
- Brush and roll Polyurethane UV over the chips.
- Aggregate is added for no skid resistance.
- Surface can be walked on twenty-four hours after completion.